Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default How to change a sum to an actual number I can paste into a new do.

Here are a couple of other alternatives:

A]
1. Highlight the formula on the Formula Bar and press F9,
2. Press Ctrl+C, then Esc
3. Move to the target sheet and Paste

B]
Suppose that the sum is in A10 and A11 is empty
1. Put your cursor in A11 and press Ctrl+" (control double quotes)
2. Cut and Paste the results to the target sheet

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"animal" wrote:

I used the sum function in excel but now I need to take the total and make
the sumed numbers into actual typed numbers that I can then paste into
another document. Right now I can't cut and paste them without taking the
sum functions with me so the number change when I bring them into the new
file. Help!