RWN

Try re-registering Xl.

--
Regards;
Rob
"Kit Lau" wrote in message

1. A user tries to double click on a workbook. The Excel opens but the
workbook cannot be displayed. I searched the KB and tried KB149764, KB158996
and KB304424 without success.

2. The same user tries to save the Excel workbook as "This is a test.xls".
The filename is automatically saved as "T.xls". Whenever the user saves a
file, it becomes <1 letter.xls.

The user is using Office 97 on Chinese XP-Pro. I had tried to remove the
Office and reinstall it again. But the results is the same. I have many
users running Office97 on Chinese XP-Pro and only this user got these
problems. Anyone has ideas? help?

Thanks