Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
HoppoM HoppoM is offline

Default How many number digits can I fit into one cell?

I'm currently trying to produce a membership report for my clients and every
member has a membership number of 18 digits.
When I type the membership number into excel (2003) it seems to round-up the
last three didgits, for example, a membership number which is
647895124848598745 will be displayed as 647895124848598000.
Can anyone help me with this?
I've tryed doing all sorts of different formatting etc but can't seem to
solve it.
If there is a limit on how many digits I can use in one cell, is there any
other way to increase this limit?