Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default significant figures

On Wed, 8 Jul 2009 10:02:13 -0700, "JoeU2004" wrote:

Excellent point! We need clarification from Crystal on the requirements.

I interpreted "keep 4 significant figures" to mean change the value. You
are interpreting it to mean simply change the display. To that end, Crystal
could want the Number format with a variable number of significant digits.
And Crystal might want both: change the value and the display.

The latter (variable Number format) is doable, probably more easily in a
UDF, but perhaps feasible in an Excel formula. But I would like to see
Crystal's clarification before going off on further tangents.

Hopefully, she will post back shortly.
--ron