Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Average with specific criteria

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A:A=D1),B:B/COUNTIF(A:A,D1))

You can not use a whole column prior to xl-2007

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

and a non-array 2003 version formula:

=SUMPRODUCT(--(A:A=D1),B:B/COUNTIF(A:A,D1))

where D1 contain EDCP

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Clari" wrote:

I need to average the cells on column b that correspond to the criteria in
column a. If cells in column a match "EDCP", average the cells in column b
that correspond to those cells, not the whole column. In this case it would
equal 00:30. I will appreciate your help.

Order Procedure Drawn to Received
EDCP 0:06
CBCsD 0:06
UA 0:16