Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Eliminating blanks

**Array formula** You have to press ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter

XL2007
=IFERROR(INDEX(NameList,SMALL(IF(NameList<"",ROW( INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(NameList)))),ROWS($1:1))),"")

copy down as far as needed

All version
=IF(COUNTA(NameList)=ROWS($1:1),INDEX(NameList,SM ALL(IF(NameList<"",ROW(INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(NameLis t)))),ROWS($1:1))),"")

copy down as far as needed

"LiAD" wrote:

Yes,

I am looking for a formula that could do it on auto actually. I have tried
several formulas but this one is a bit past me.

Do you know is it possible with a formula?
Thanks

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Select the range. Press F5. From Goto window select blanks. OK Right click
delete cellsEntire Row..OK

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"LiAD" wrote:

Hi,

Is there a function i could use please to reduce the size of a list. I have
a list of names in col A, with values in B etc, in between certain cells may
be a range of blank cells.

So if i start with a list such as

Bill 2
(blank)