Bob Phillips

One way is to setup your own UDF, like so

Function IsFormula(rng As Range) As Boolean
If rng.Count 1 Then
IsFormula = CVErr(xlErrValue)
Else
IsFormula = rng.HasFormula
End If
End Function

test like so

=IsFormula(A1)

--

HTH

RP

"Kevin" wrote in message
I have a worksheet set with = reference to a cell in another worksheet.
Conditional formatting is set to color the cell if the value is greater

than
0.
Is there a way to add to the conditional formating to the same cell that
will color the cell a different color if the value is input and not from

the
formula?

My goal is to identify cells that have had their formula overwritten with
manual input. There are times a manual input needs to be entered and I

need
to visually see which cells are not based on a formula. I don't want to

set
protection on.