Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Geauxfish Geauxfish is offline

Default Trying to create formula...

I think this fixed it,

=SUMPRODUCT((F7:F23<"X")*(A7:A23<"X"))

"Geauxfish" wrote:

that adds the rows with text (landscape contracts) in column I; rows(I7:I23),
but also need to subtract that total number of (landscape contracts) from
columns A (a7:a23) and column F (f7:f23) that contain an "X", indicating the
contracts have been "discontinued" or are "not participating". In this case,
I have 17 contracts and can get the formula to tell me that, but am having
trouble getting the formula to look thru column A and F and find the "X" and
to subtract those contracts to get me my total. It should pick up two "X"'s
and subtract them from 17 contracts to give me 15 total. Can anyone help.
Thanks