Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bullocks Bullocks is offline

Default CONCATENATE zeros

On Jul 7, 4:57*pm, Bullocks wrote:
On Jul 7, 3:47*pm, Mike H wrote:

Hi,

Your using text manipulation to work on numbers try these formula instead

Q13 *=(Q12-INT(Q12))*10
Q14 *=IF(K6=Q13,"Balance","Out")

Mike

"Bullocks" wrote:
I am trying to calculate only change and not dollars and then see if
the change balances...

This works….

K6 = 4
Q:12 sum(A1:A12) *- this yields $10.40
Q13 =CONCATENATE(RIGHT(Q12,1)) *- this yields the 4
Q14 =IF(K6<Q13,"Balance","Out") this yields *Balance

BUT

This does not with whole numbers…
K6 = 0
Q:12 sum(A1:A12) *- this yields $16.00
Q13 =CONCATENATE(RIGHT(Q12,1)) *- this yields the 6
Q14 =IF(K6<Q13,"Balance","Out") this yields *Out where it should
balance as there are no cents.

It seems that Excel does not seeing zero cents and thus jumps a
decimal place.

Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated!- Hide quoted text -

Fantastic! Thank you soooooo much.- Hide quoted text -

Argh... spoke to soon. The magic numer 38.90 does not work. Every
other number I tried has without fail but this one. Even when I mess
with the number it is being balanced against... from 0-9 it aways
reads "out". Strange.