Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Jacob Skaria Jacob Skaria is offline

Default How to format a number.

Is there any particular reason..
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"lsaapedd" wrote:

That works, but, I'd really prefer a numeric format.

lsaapedd

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Pre-format the cells to Text and then enter the numbers..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"lsaapedd" wrote:

I have a column of numbers. Most have one decimal number, a few have none e.g.
370
370.0
370.1

Excel will NOT display the .0 in a number and I have not been able to figure
out how to force it. I only want a .0 to show if I actually type it. If a
number has no decimal number entered, I do NOT want one to display. If
anyone can help me with this I will be grateful.

Thanks.