Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default How to format a number.

Excel doesn't work like that. 370 and 370.0 are the same number.

If you don't want to type your values as text, you could format each cell the
way you like (showing as many decimal places as you like).

Or maybe you could build a small userform that asks for your entry. Then it
could look at your entry, plop the value into the cell and format that cell with
as many decimals as it thinks you want.

lsaapedd wrote:

I have a column of numbers. Most have one decimal number, a few have none e.g.
370
370.0
370.1

Excel will NOT display the .0 in a number and I have not been able to figure
out how to force it. I only want a .0 to show if I actually type it. If a
number has no decimal number entered, I do NOT want one to display. If
anyone can help me with this I will be grateful.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson