Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Dat. Validaation - simple ques

I cannot reproduce this - my list shows the blanks at the bottom

In Excel 2003 you could make your validation range into an Excel List (use
Data | List | Make List)
selecting only the non-banks. A List can be added to and the Validation
picks up new members automatically.

In Excel 2007 Lists became Tables - neither term seems to help since we
still have to call them Excel Tables to make it clear what is meant!

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"LiAD" wrote in message

I have created a list of inputs from which I use data validation to create
the drop down list. I have selected 20 cells in the list, the last 8 of
which are empty so that someone can add more in the future.

When I select the drop down menu it opens the drop down on the first empty
cell so the user has to move up to find anything useful.

Can i get it to open on the first item in the list or at least one closer
the top?

Thanks