Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ashish Mathur[_2_] Ashish Mathur[_2_] is offline

Default Hide unused rows based on column info

Hi,

Suppose your data is in range A5:A500 (where A5 contins the heading). Copy
A5 and paste it in A2. In cell A3, type =isnumber(A6). Now go to filter
Advanced filter. In the list range select A5:A500 and in the criteria range
select A2:A3. Now simply click on OK. This will show you the cells with
numbers only. To get cells with non numbers, type =not(isnumber(A6)) in
cell A3 and then run the filter ? Advanced filter.

Please remember that the output of advanced filters is not dynamic I.e. if
the data in A6:A500 changes or if the criteria changes, the output will not
change unless you rerun the advanced filter.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Becki" wrote in message
Help is much appreciated. I need a check box or easily clicked way to
hide/unhide a range of rows based on the data in a column.

Example: Rows 1:130 contain product info. Column D contains a chosen
Quantity (number). I would like to easily show/hide any rows that do not
have
a number in Column D.

Thanks for your assistance!