Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Luke M Luke M is offline

Default Sorting after my worksheet has input I want to save

Part 1:
Select all of your data before sorting, and use the Data - Sort command.
Select appropriate column.

Part 2:
While this is *technically* feasible using a worksheet_Change event (VBA)
I'd recommend against it. Otherwise, if you mistyped and left the cell, BAM!
there goes your data, and you have to search for it. It's much easier to just
input all your data and sort when you're down, IMO.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"suzie" wrote:

(part 1) I have a simple worksheet. I want to sort just one column the very
1st column, but the info to the right are addresses and such that need to
stay with the correct input on the right? It's miss placed when I sort.
(part 2) After I find a way to sort what has already been input, how can I
keep my spreadsheet to sort with out doing it everytime I input.
Thank you! Suzie