Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default Create a relative column formula

That is exactly how it should be. Since you are copying down a column, the
reference to A will not change
Workaround: drag to the left. So lets say we now have =A$3, =B$3, =C$3 ...
starting in B10
Copy all these formulas except the first, move to B11 and use Paste Special
with Transpose specified
Now you have what you want but will need to delete C10, D10.....
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Luzma" wrote in message
I want to copy a formula that has a relative column and an absolute row
A$3
but when I try to copy it down the column doesn't change it copies the
same
A$3 and I want B$3 C$3 etc.. Can someone help me? Thanks!!