Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
SKR SKR is offline

Default Formatting pivot chart axis labels for dates

Hello DSM,

Can you tell me how to get this in Excel 2003 sp3. I am still confused as to
what is axis area, filter area.

I am stuck with this since some time and spend lot of time trying to edit
using MS Paint. If i can do this thru pivot it saves 20 minutes of my time
spent.

Thanks in Advace,
SKR

"dsm" wrote:

If I have a pivot chart with dates on the x-axis, I am unable to "number"
format the axis. My source data has dates formatted to "Mar-09", but the axis
shows "3/1/2009". If I format the dates in the pivot table they look fine,
but the chart still shows "3/1/2009". I believe with 2003 I could format the
dates in the table and they would be reflected in the charts. If I use format
axis on a pivot table axis it has no affect at all.

This seems like a glaring hole for producing business charts so I must be
missing something new.

Steve