Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Anders Anders is offline

Default Aging Dates in Cond. Formatting

One more question Luke.

If I have in A3 - the resolved date of issue and I want the formatting in A1
to turn green if the date in a3 is a1, is this possible? or should I just
format a3 to change if not equal to 0 and leave the a1 formatting.
--
I''''ve encountered an error and I need to close for the weekend :)

"Luke M" wrote:

Your statement is mathematically impossible. How can something be less than
20, and greater than 40? Unless you mean 20<x<40? Is so:

Formula 1:
=AND(TODAY()-20=A1,A1=TODAY()-40)
format yellow

Formula2:
=AND(A1<0,TODAY()-40A1)
format red

--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Anders" wrote:

Hi All,

I have an issues report that I want to code the dates in. e.g. if the date
is 20x40 days old i want it yellow. If it's 40+ days old, I want it in
red. I get part of the first conditional format: (formula is)
=a1<=today()-20 . But how do I get it to stop at 40, and then switch to red
for 40+ (a second condition that looks like =a1<=today()-40 )?

Also, how do I make a condition for when nothing is in the cell and I don't
want any formatting? I have space in the log for 50 issues, but I don't
want to see yellow or red for all the cells where the value is null...

Is this something I need to do in VBA? if so - help with the syntax?

Thanks in advance!

Anders
--
I''''ve encountered an error and I need to close for the weekend :)