Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Sketch Sketch is offline

Default conditional formatting adjacent cells

I have some data in 10 columns where I want to change the data in the next
adjacent column to be coloured red if it is less or green if it is more than
the current column. The next column would then need to test the previous
column.
I want to check simply if the number has increased or decreased from the
previous figure.
In Excel 2003, I managed to do this by deleting $ sign in the cell
reference. Now I can't delete the $ sign. It is automatically added even when
I delete it.
Can you please help!
--
Thanks, in advance.