Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bernard Liengme[_3_] Bernard Liengme[_3_] is offline

Default conditional minimum formula

Please tell (or show) us what is in a few sample cells - also tell us what
cells are being used for these. All the references to spans and spacing is
meaningless to us.

=MIN(IF(A1:A10<0,A1:A10)) will return the non-zero minimum of the range
A1:A10
It is an array formula so must be committed with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER not just
ENTER

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Derrick" wrote in message
im looking for a formula where a minimum will be returned, if the cells
aren't 0 or blank.
for example:
Spans# 1 - 120", #2 - 80", #3 - 0"
Anti-buckling clip spacing = 24"

so, we have 2 spans, with anti-buckling clips at 24" on centre.
I would like the cell containing the formula to equal 24.

Lets now say we don't have any anti-buckling clips, and the cell is left
blank.
Spans# 1 - 120", #2 - 80", #3 - 0"
Anti-buckling clip spacing =

The cell should read: 80

Any ideas? im trying to work with a nested if statement inside a =min()
function, but im not sure how to return a 'nothing here, move on' line.
Thanks!