Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Cinco Cinco is offline

Default Macro to change X-axis scale has errors

"Cinco" wrote:

I've read and studied code from a number of posts on this subject but my
"newbie" macro code has errors. I have the minimumscale value and
maximumscale value (entered by the user) stored in Sheet1 at $E$2 and $F$2.
My chart is in Sheet2. This is my complete macro:

Sub ChangeXAxisScale()
'
' ChangeXAxisScale Macro
'
With Worksheets("Sheet2")
With ActiveChart.Axes(1, 1)

.MinimumScale = Range("$E$2").Value
.MaximumScale = Range("$F$2").Value

End With
End With

End Sub

I know I am missing something(s) very basic and would appreciate your help.
Thanks.

I just bought the "Excel 2007 Macros Made Easy" book and am working my way
through it, although rather slowly.

Jim

The following macro works but only when run from the "chart" sheet. What do
I need to add so that it runs and uses the user entered input from Sheet1 and
not from the "chart" sheet? Thanks.

Sub ChangeXAxisScale()
'
' ChangeXAxisScale Macro
'
With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1).Chart.Axes(1, 1)

.MinimumScale = Range("$E$2")
.MaximumScale = Range("$F$2")

End With

End Sub