Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Billy Liddel Billy Liddel is offline

Default Best Way to Pull Data from Other Sheets

Shane thats why I went for the vb option therer was not a lot of info to go on.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

You can use a lot of these types of formulas:

=INDIRECT("'"&A1&"'!A9")

Where the sheet name is in A1 and the data you are pulling in is in A9.

This technique will only work if all spreadsheet are identical. Otherwise
you will need to consider VBA programming.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"opieandy" wrote:

I have 20 sheets of data that are formatted similarly. On the first sheet,
I want the user to select one of the 20 sheets and have Excel pull in a range
of data from that sheet.

What is the best way to allow for user input to select the sheet?