Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
joel joel is offline

Default Combo Box - How to Use Output in Vlookup

The combobox produces text, not a number.

in the vlookup put a VALUE function pointing to the linked cell.

=vlookup(Value(A1),.......)

"opieandy" wrote:

I've created a combo box and linked its output to a cell. I'm using that
cell in a vlookup formula. Using the combo box blows the vlookup formula.

The cell is formatted correctly (as a number), though the number doesn't
line up with the numbers below it (which aren't yet linked to a combo box),
and format painter does not change it to match those cells, so that tells me
there's something screwy about the format, but still not sure why vlookup
won't recognize it.

Any help/thoughts/ideas?

Thanks,

Chris