Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
MFS MFS is offline

Default Same contents but not equaled

Hi Bernard,
I will give you the sample after I try Mikes suggestion and yours
To be honest I did not expect that I will need to provide a sample, because
I have the file in another PC

--
MFS22

"Bernard Liengme" كتب:

Tell me what you get from these two formulas
=A1=B1
and
=LEFT(A1,4)=LEFT(B1,4)

best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"MFS" wrote in message
Conceder A1 and B1 are text, which is R123 for example.
IF(A1=B1;"Yes";"No")
The formula is saying that if A1=B1, if true give me Yes, if false give me
No.
But the result is No, how it becomes false?? That is my question

--
MFS22

"Bernard Liengme" كتب:

Is this really what you have or are you simplifying it for us?
What is displayed in A1 and B1? Are they numbers?
What is the result of =A1=B1 (should be TRUE)
If you wish, please, send me sample file - email address is on my website
best wishes
--
Bernard Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP
http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme

"MFS" wrote in message
Hi all,
The problem is that I have to cells which have the same contents, but
Excel
dose not recognize them as equaled cells?
Please check this example and help me.
A1=R123.
B1=R123.
C1=IF(A1=B1;"Yes";"No")
The result is No,, I could not understand this.
Please help me.

--
MFS22