someone

Any idea why? It must be possible to do this. We have purchased a product
that creates Excel based reports for us. It doesn't use a Domain based
userid. Although I think we did have to create an administrative userid and
password but it was a new user on the machine, not the domain. Yet, this
process works fine as it's a service that runs as a Localsystem account.
There must be a way to do this. I just don't know how.

Thanks!

Chris Smith

"Lee Gillie" wrote in message
I have found it to work best with a privileged domain user. I have not had
problems automating office from a service, just in getting the processes to
go away when I am done with them.