Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Is there a maximun number of cells allowed in a name range?

Hi,

I second FSt1's response - you should always post the error message AND you
should post any formulas that are failing. You also should tell us the
version of Excel you are using.

Possibly you are referencing an entire column, which in itself is not
illegal in a range name but, if you then use the range name in certain types
of formulas, in 2003 or earlier, you will get an error. Many 2003
formulas/functions did not allow full column references, those limits have
been removed.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
there is no maximum limit on the number of cells in a named range. what is
the error you are getting??? that would be the key.
so why did you not post that?!?!?!
we can only help if YOU give is all the facts.
regards
FSt1

"peingle" wrote:

It appears to be the case, but I don't know what the maximun is, or if my
error is for another reason.