David McRitchie

You can't have a range of more than once cell for ISTEXT.
even if you had all text values in every cell you would get False

Value is the value you want tested. Value can be a blank (empty cell), error, logical, text, number, or reference value, or a name
referring to any of these, that you want to test.

=IF(ISTEXT(C6:AE6),0.5,0)
ISTEXT will alwasys be false
so you get 0 from that.
So surround that with sum simply gets 0.

That was more fun than pulling teeth.
---
HTH,

"DeltaSis4" wrote in message ...
=(SUM(IF(ISTEXT(C6:AE6),0.5,0)))

"David McRitchie" wrote:

As you can tell there aren't many mindreaders here.

But we're getting better at pulling teeth.

What is the formula and what are the values it is looking at.
Provide information so that a question can be answered.

---
HTH,

"DeltaSis4" wrote in message ...
Nothing

"Niek Otten" wrote:

So what *does* appear in the cell?

--

Kind Regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel

"DeltaSis4" wrote in message
I am using a Sum IF(ISTEXT)) formula. I already know the formula is
correct
because the results appear correctly in the Function Arguments pop-up box.
However, I can't get the results to appear in the cell. Help!!!!