Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Nelson Nelson is offline

Default Max date only against met criteria

OK I see I may have confused things a little

In my customer profile sheet I have

A8 - a18 which holds the renewal dates for the customer
B8 - B18 holds the part numbers (some can be for one product line and some
can be for the other)

C 47 - C60 holds the list for product line A
D 47 - D60 holds the list for product line B

I want to have 2 cells one will show me the max renewal date for product A
and another cell with show me the max renewal date from product B.

I know it will be the same formula, so the question what would the formula
be that would search against D8 - D18 for only products that match C47 - C60,
then look at the corresponding dates in A8 - A18 and give me the max date?

Hope that cleared it up and my apologies for the confusion.

Thanks

--
Nelson

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

Whant not show us your basic data and what you want to return from that
sample?

However, this may do what you want: (an array)

=MAX(IF(($A$1:$A$22=F1)*($C$1:$C$22=E1),B1:B22))

In this case the Product Line is in A, the Customer in C and the date in B.
In E1:F1 are the customer and major product line you want to look at. Enter
a list of all the customers and product line combinations in column E:F and
copy the above formula down from G1.

array - you must enter the formula by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Enter

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Nelson" wrote:

I have 2 product lines each with 10 part numbers each

I pulled customers data and my profile sheet shows me what sub products of
the 2 main product lines the customer has purchased how much they purchased
the part number and their renewal date

What I want to do now have a formula show me the max renewal date for
customer X for each major product line, I am assuming I would use
(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B8:B32,C47:C85,0))),L8:L32) but I am unsure how I would
include the find max date if (ISNUMBER(MATCH(B8:B32,C47:C85,0))),L8:L32) is
met.

Any thoughs?

Thanks in advance

--