Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Don Guillett Don Guillett is offline

Default getting rid of the "confirm delete" dialogue box when deleting

If desired, send your file to my address below along with this msg and
a clear explanation of what you want and before/after examples.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Bernard" wrote in message
Thanks for that. However it responds with "Run time Error '438'
Object doesn't support this property or method"

I am using Excel 2000.
Bernard.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

Hi,

I generally recommend you bracket the command that will cause the message
display as follows

Application.DisplayAlert = False
' the delete sheet line
Application.DisplayAlert = False

the reason is that this suppresses most alert until the subroutine is
complete and if there are any other parts of your code that would
generate an
alert if something was wrong you would not see it.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Bernard" wrote:

I have a workbook with thousands of sheets and want to use a macro to
delete
selected sheets. Problem is the macro is stopped to "The selected sheet
will
be permanently deleted, please confirm delete.............".
Can this dialogue box be turned off permanently?
thanks
Bernard.