Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Fractions

Just so you are aware, when using a Cell Format of Fraction - Up To Two
Digits, Bernard's formula gives 1/8 for a value of 10/67 whereas Ron's
formula gives 5/32 which is what you said you wanted.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"jct6641" wrote in message
Drawing Inches to Feet & Inch Conversion
Inches from Print 0.1880 Feet Whole Inches Fractions Low Tolerance High
Tolerance
905.188 = 75 5 3/16 5/32 7/32

This is the result I got & it is EXACTLY what I was looking for. Thanks a
million.

"Bernard Liengme" wrote:

If you could be happy with the data as displayed below, then use custom
format # ??/16
0.76 4.54 8.53
12/16 4 9/16 8 8/16

But you want data like
0.76 4.54 8.53
3/4 4 9/16 8 1/2

So you first need to round to the the nearest 16 then use the fraction
format # ??/??

I have used the formula
=ROUND(A1*16,0)*(1/16)
to do the rounding in the second row

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"jct6641" wrote in message
When converting a decimal to a fraction, I get some responses like 1/67
when
what I am looking for is increments of 1/64. Then I want to display
10/64
as
5/16 or 32/64 as 1/2 etc.
Can this be accomplished in an excel formula or combination of nested
formulas?