Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Fractions

Hi,

The GCD function is part of the Analysis ToolPak, choose Tools, Add-ins and
put a check beside the ATP.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"jct6641" wrote:

I do not have access to GCD, so I could not try it. Appreciate the response
anyway.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Not sure if this is the best way to do it or not (so check back here to see
what other responders post), but this seems to work...

=TEXT(A1,"#/"&64/GCD(SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(A1,"#/64"),"/64",""),64))

Note: The GCD function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in to be active
(automatic in XL2007, use Tools/Add-Ins to activate it in lesser versions of
Excel).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"jct6641" wrote in message
OOPS! 5/32 not 5/16.

"jct6641" wrote:

When converting a decimal to a fraction, I get some responses like 1/67
when
what I am looking for is increments of 1/64. Then I want to display 10/64
as
5/16 or 32/64 as 1/2 etc.
Can this be accomplished in an excel formula or combination of nested
formulas?