Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Max date only against met criteria

Hi,

Whant not show us your basic data and what you want to return from that
sample?

However, this may do what you want: (an array)

=MAX(IF(($A$1:$A$22=F1)*($C$1:$C$22=E1),B1:B22))

In this case the Product Line is in A, the Customer in C and the date in B.
In E1:F1 are the customer and major product line you want to look at. Enter
a list of all the customers and product line combinations in column E:F and
copy the above formula down from G1.

array - you must enter the formula by pressing Shift+Ctrl+Enter

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Nelson" wrote:

I have 2 product lines each with 10 part numbers each

I pulled customers data and my profile sheet shows me what sub products of
the 2 main product lines the customer has purchased how much they purchased
the part number and their renewal date

What I want to do now have a formula show me the max renewal date for
customer X for each major product line, I am assuming I would use
(ISNUMBER(MATCH(B8:B32,C47:C85,0))),L8:L32) but I am unsure how I would
include the find max date if (ISNUMBER(MATCH(B8:B32,C47:C85,0))),L8:L32) is
met.

Any thoughs?

Thanks in advance

--