Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
marsjune68 marsjune68 is offline

Default calculate percentage of pay based on days old

Ok I have what seems to be a challenge for me.
I have widgets for sale both new and used widgets. When I sale one I want to
calculate the percentage I am paid based on conditions. In addition, I want
it to total it up in a cell.

These are my columns
€ścol a€ť a person initials €ś€ťI enter manually€ť€ť
€ścol c€ť widget used or new 1= used widget 2 = new widget €ś€ťI enter manually€ť€ť
€ścol d€ť #days old the widget is €ś€ťI enter manually€ť€ť
€ścol e€ť profit of the sale of the widget €ś€ťI enter manually€ť€ť
€ścol f€ť I want this total of profit based on conditions.

The row are individual sales I track I enter in different information.

My conditions a

1. New widget, 0-15 days old, get paid 5% of profit but to a maximum of
amount of $200.00
2. New widget, 16-30 days old, get paid 9%
3. New widget, 31-40 days old, get paid 12%
4. New widget, 41 and more days old, get paid 15%
5. Used widget, 0-15 days old, get paid 10%
6. Used widget, 16-30 days old, get paid 15%
7. Used widget, 31-40 days old, get paid 20%
I have minimums that I want to calculate as well in this mess

If the widget is new and over 41 days and the profit is under $99.99 I want
to pay $100.00
If the widget is new and between 31-40 days and the profit is under $$99.99
I want to pay $50.00
If the widget is new and between 1-30 days and the profit is under $$99.99 I
want to pay $25.00
If the widget is used and the profit is under $$99.99, I want to pay $25.00
no matter how old it is.