Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default ALPHA/NUMERICAL SORT

Hi,

Here are two ways, assuming the data is in column A starting on row 2

1. In B2 enter
=--MID(A2,2,9)
Copy this down and sort your data based on this column
2. Select the data in column A and choose Data, Text to columns, Fixed
width, Next, Next, select the first column in the preview area and choose Do
not import (Skip) and make B2 the destination cell. Use this column to sort
your data.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"MoKaLasco" wrote:

How do we sort Alpha Numerical in the same manner as we count?
EX: H1, H2, H9, H10, H100, H500, H1004, etc...
Excell will sort as H1, H10, H100, H1004, H2, H500, H9
Our project requires the different sorting as stated.
Any Help?