Sam

In 2000, in tools-options-edit, there is the option to ask for updates.
uncheck it and your sheets will update automatically. This will apply to
all excel files.

"Naz" wrote:

If you are using Excel XP or 2003, you can set the start-up prompt to
" Don't display the alert and update links "
By clicking Edit then Links, then in the links box in the bottom left is a
start up prompt button.
Unfortunalety you can not do this in Excel 95/97/or 2000.
As for autosaving once the value are updated, i'm afraid I don't think that
is possible, unless you create a before close macro.

Hope that helps

Naz
London

"Chewy" wrote:

G'day,

I have two spreedsheets which are linked and I am asked everytime I open
them to update the values. Do I have to have this box pop up. Also, if I
forget to save the document the updated values are not saved. Is there an
autosave for everytime the values are updated.

Thx.