Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Andy Pope Andy Pope is offline

Default excel "no data" labeling in bar graph

Hi,

You can use a dummy series to provide the No Data text.

Assume data layout as follow, <empty is just a place holder for email post.

A1:<empty B1: =Data C1: =NoData
A2: =a B2: = 1 C2: =<empty
A3: =b B3: = <empty C3: =0
A4: =c B4: = 0 C4: =<empty
A5: =d B5: = 3 C5: =<empty

Plot both series as clustered bar. Set Overlap value to 100.
Series 1 displays data labels of Value
Series 2 displays data labels of Series Name

Cheers
Andy
--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"David NGC" <David wrote in message
Hello,
I am graphing a series of data in a bar format in excel. Some of the
entries have no data. Instead of interpolating, graphing zero, or just
leaving gaps, I'd like excel to put a "no data" or similar message in the
spot where a bar would otherwise be. (I can't have it shown as zero, as
there are legitimate zero entries as well.)

How do I do this? I am using excel 2003.