Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Fractions

Not sure if this is the best way to do it or not (so check back here to see
what other responders post), but this seems to work...

=TEXT(A1,"#/"&64/GCD(SUBSTITUTE(TEXT(A1,"#/64"),"/64",""),64))

Note: The GCD function requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in to be active
(automatic in XL2007, use Tools/Add-Ins to activate it in lesser versions of
Excel).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"jct6641" wrote in message
OOPS! 5/32 not 5/16.

"jct6641" wrote:

When converting a decimal to a fraction, I get some responses like 1/67
when
what I am looking for is increments of 1/64. Then I want to display 10/64
as
5/16 or 32/64 as 1/2 etc.
Can this be accomplished in an excel formula or combination of nested
formulas?