Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Lisa W Lisa W is offline

Default Another Qtn: Combining If and Concatonate

Now I realize that if A4 =A3 but A4 does not = A5, I want C4&C5. I have a
list by name and for every time that the names match, I want the cell to
include all parcel IDs for each name separated by a ";". When the names
don't match, I want it to only include the parcel ID for that name. Since
there could be an unknown number of name matches, I'm not sure that I should
be using If A4=A3 now.

Perhaps I should be using another kind of formula? Thanks, Lisa

"Rajesh Mehmi" wrote:

Hi
Try This

=IF(A4=B4,CONCATENATE(C4&D4))

These will also work the same

=IF(A4=B4,(C4&D4))

=IF(A4=B4,(C4&D4),"")

Regards
Rajesh Mehmi

"Lisa W" wrote in message
I'm really new at doing functions but want something that says If A1 = A2,
then Concatonate C1 + C2. How do I set it up for this? I have a lawyer
wanting a new tab of his own and I don't want to retype or copy info that
others can find by looking at multiple lines. Thanks in advance for help!
Lisa