Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
WorkinGirl WorkinGirl is offline

Default Can you rename an inserted word document?

Thanks for responding Shane! Honestly I hadn't thought of that yet as far as
putting the text next to it. When I'm inserting the document, I have inserted
it as an object I believe. I am not as familiar with Excel as I would like to
be, and I was just tinkering around with it when I found that option to be
available.

"Shane Devenshire" wrote:

How are you inserting it? As a hyperlink, an object, a picture?

Why not enter some unique text in a cell immediately adjacent to the the
document and use Find to search for that?

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"WorkinGirl" wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Excel 2003 at work, and I'm trying ot make a spreadsheet
for myself and maybe my co-workers that will help us find information faster.

I've inserted a Word document, but to make it faster to find the answer, I'd
like to rename the document vs showing "Microsoft Word Document" at the
bottom.