Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gazz_85[_2_] Gazz_85[_2_] is offline

Default How do I stop entry in one cell if another cell is occupied??

the worksheet is in 4 sections - representing the 4 different work areas we
have

Section 1 - columns C - I

Section 2 - columns J - O

Section 3 - columns P - U

Section 4 - columns V - Z

each section has the option of long or short term jobs with then the
validation of a drop down list containing types of job. so for each section i
need a seperate validation so for example in:

section 1 either column c or d

section 2 either column j or k

section 3 either column p or q

section 4 either column v or w

but you would still be able to enter in other sections if you entered in C,
but only not in D. if this makes sense???

Cheers

"Stefi" wrote:

I need it to work so that it work for column c &d so which bit would i
change??
also i need to do the same for columns j&k, columns p&q, and columns v&w can
i just replicate this code or do i need something a little more complex?

In the same worksheet?

also i just need it to validate seperate groups ie. c&d,j&k,p&q, and v&w so
if theres a value in c you CAN still put a value in j,ect but not in d....if
you know what i mean??

Do you mean "... but not in d, k, q, w"?

Stefi