Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stefi Stefi is offline

Default How do I stop entry in one cell if another cell is occupied??

=AND(ISBLANK(B1),yourformula)

Regards,
Stefi

Gazz_85 ezt *rta:

Thanks, that works well for stopping input into the cell but it gets rid of
my list validation is there any way to do both, or another way around it.

"Stefi" wrote:

Custom Data validation with formulae:
Select column A: =ISBLANK(B1)
Select column B: =ISBLANK(A1)

Regards,
Stefi

Gazz_85 ezt *rta:

Hi,

I have a spreadsheet that is being used to updated and display jobs for
production. I have two colums one for short term jobs and one for long term
jobs. The value for each cell is validated and only anything from a drop down
list can be selected. So what I need to do now is make sure if a value is
selected for short term, nothing can be entered in the long term colum...as a
job can only be either long or short term not both.

Any help????