Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Bob Bridges[_2_] Bob Bridges[_2_] is offline

Default HOW CAN I INSERT DATA BTW TWO WORKBOOK

I can think of some ways to pull student names from source to destination a)
by reference to manager name and b) getting just one instance of each
student. I can even think of ways to do it using worksheet functions rather
than via a VB macro. But the nature of a worksheet function is to go out and
get data and display it in its own cell, whereas I think you're saying you
want the source sheet to PUT THE DATA in the destination sheet. Worksheet
functions can't do that. You can put functions in the destination workbook
that will look up the data in the source workbook and display it as you want
it; but they won't know to go get the data automatically whenever source.xls
is updated, only when destination.xls is updated...and maybe when the user
remembers to tell destination.xls to update its information.

If you really want source.xls to be responsible for updating
destination.xls, and if you know someone won't have destination.xls open when
it happens, then you'll have to do it using a VB macro. That means a) you
have to know something about programming, or be willing to learn, and b)
you'll have to transfer this question to the other forum, Excel Programming.

Feel free to ask me more questions, either here or by email.