John

Default Stack Chart Legend Display

I'm making a stack chart based on a quality report. My X-Axis is displayed
in Time
(Weeks) The Y-Axis displays defect counts by week. There are close to 20
different categories a defect can fall into, however, most of the time there
are 5 or 6 categories that have data week to week and some catergories that
have not had a defect yet. How do I make the stack chart legend only show
the categories that have data attached to it with a number larger than zero.
This way the legend won't display all 20 categories, but only the ones that
have a value. For Example, let's say I have 5 possible defect categories:
Spots, Dents, Wrinkles, Scratches, Stains. Each week, if the Quality
departments discovers a defect on a part, they add to the defect count under
that category for the week. Let's say the values for 1 week are as follows:
Spots-1, Dents-0, Wrinkles-0, Scratches-5, Stains-0. When I create a stacked
graph, I want the legend to only show the category labels for Spots and
Scratches because they have a value greater than zero. I'm sorry I wrote a
novel here, but hopefully you get the point. I know the manual way to do
this and because of the volume of graphs I have, it would be too tedious, so
hopefully an easier way exists. Thanks.