Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Cells no longer linked after inserts

Are these worksheets in a single workbook?

If yes, then I've never seen this with "normal" formulas. You may want to share
the formula that doesn't update when you make these changes.

If no, then you could open all the workbooks (in the same instance of excel)
that are linked and make the changes. Excel will update the formulas to reflect
your changes. Remember to save all the files so that those changes excel made
are saved.

If you only have a few cells that you're retrieving, you could keep that file
with the links (the "receiving" file) closed, but use a named range
(insert|Name|Define). Then your formula would use that name instead of an
address.

SF wrote:

I linked several worksheets with a mastersheet and the info updates fine,
until I insert a new column. Some of the linked cell formula change to
incorporate the new postition on the mastersheet, but others don't. I end up
having to change the formula so they can match the new position. Is there
anyway I can stop this from happening so that when the originals move
position the linked cells continue to reflect the correct info.

--

Dave Peterson