Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Jayne Jayne is offline

Default Linked worksheets

Thank you for your response. I'm sorry I was not more specific. I actually
need to create 10 new worksheets in 10 separate workbooks and have each of
them link back to the original. I'm not sure how this would be possible, but
I was told it can happen. The person who told me this though cannot remember
how it is done.

"jamescox" wrote:

I was told that I can copy an existing worksheet and create links to

that
worksheet automatically. Does anyone know how to do this?

Need more information about what you are actually trying to do.

You can use VBA to create a copy of a worksheet in the same workbook,
but you can't have two worksheets with the same name. Therefore any
links to the first worksheet will be 'broken' for for the copy because
the new worksheet will have a new name.

You can also use VBA to copy a worksheet to another workbook, and the
worksheet can, in this case, have the same name. However, since it
would now be in a different workbook, any links to the worksheet would
be broken.

In either of the above cases, VBA can be used to write formulas to a
third worksheet and those formulas can reference the new copy of the
worksheet (either with its new name in its original workbook, or with
whatever workbook and worksheet name it was copied to), but it's not
clear if that is what you meant by 'automatically' and whether you
really meant links _to_ or _from__the copy...

There are some real wizards here (and I'm not one of them) but even
they would need more specifics about what you need to happen.

--
jamescox
jamescox's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=449