Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Default Populating rows from a worksheet to a second worksheet

Try this sample from my archives ..

A relatively simple, fast, non-array formulas solution
which achieves exactly what you seek:
http://www.savefile.com/files/430142
AutoCopy Lines to Resp Sht Non Array.xls
(Full details inside, nicely rendered. Easy to adapt ..)

Data is continuously entered in a master ("parent") sheet.
Lines will be neatly auto-copied to each individual ("child") sheet
based on the values within a key column
(All results will appear neatly packed at the top in each child sheet)

In your case, that key column will be
where you have your 3 categories listed, eg: Cat1, Cat2, etc

Rejoice? Celebrate it here, click the YES button below
--
Max
Singapore
"Jeff L" wrote:
I am trying to use Excel to build a register of work orders based on the work
requests. I have the work requests listed on a worksheet and they come in
three categories.

I want Excel to create three spreadsheets one for each category and for
Excel to populate the correct worksheet as each new work request is added.

Is this possible?