Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Greg[_6_] Greg[_6_] is offline

Default Extra Dates

Thank you that worked to fix the dates problem but it had the unintended
consequence of moving the Y axis $ labels from the left side to the right?
Whats with that?

Greg

"Shane Devenshire" wrote in
message ...
Hi,

If your chart is using a date data type for the x axis it will set the
range
of dates. if you want to just see your dates than you can change the axis
type - right-click the axis and choose Format Axis, on the Axis Options
tab
under Axis Type choose Text axis and see if that helps.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Greg" wrote:

XL 2007, This should be a very simple chart but I'm getting extra data
points (dates) which are not in the data. Dollars vertical, dates
horizontal. There are 23 actual data points but the chart shows 30. The
last date in the data is 6/15/2009 but the chart has 6/18, 6/20, 6/22 and
6/24.

How do I format the chart to get only actual data points and not these
others?

Greg