Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Hiding information

Place the list of names on another worksheet then name that list with
InsertNameDefine

Your DV source would then be =MyList

You can hide the sheet with the list if you don't want to see it.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:06:01 -0700, hbaublit
wrote:

I've searched through and seems no one else is having my problem. At the
bottom of my sheet I have a list of names that goes into a drop down list. I
go into format cells -- custom and put in ;;; and it hides the names but
when I click the drop down box where they go the names are still there. That
is what I want. Now I have another list but it is numbers, that go into
another drop down list. When I go to format cells -- custom and put in the
;;; it to hides the numbers but when I click the drop down box for the
numbers only it is blank. I can scroll down and click a blank spot and the
number appears in the cell. My question is why are words showing up in my
drop down lists but when I have a drop down list of numbers the numbers do
not show up? I know they are there I just can't see them. And how do I fix
this?