Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Debra Dalgleish Debra Dalgleish is offline

Default how to partially protect a pivot table based worksheet

You could use programming to restrict one or more of the fields in the
pivot table. For example:

Sub RestrictSingleField()
Dim pt As PivotTable
Dim pf As PivotField
Set pt = ActiveSheet.PivotTables(1)
Set pf = pt.PivotFields("Employee")

With pf
.EnableItemSelection = False
.DragToHide = False
.DragToPage = False
.DragToRow = False
.DragToColumn = False
.DragToData = False
End With

End Sub

cossie wrote:
Hi, I need to partially protect a pivot table based worksheet but to allow
users to select some of pivot table fields but not others. How can I do this.

I have tried protecting using the lock cells/elements feaure to allow users
to use pivot table reports but then I get a message saying it cannot perform
the command because it needs a data refresh and I need to unlock the
worksheet.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures