Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Shane Devenshire[_2_] Shane Devenshire[_2_] is offline

Default Auto populate name

Hi,

We need a little more detail - do you want to put the user name in a
specific location in column M. Do you want it to do this everytime they make
a change, what if they change the same cell 5 times, do you want the name 5
times? If all you see is the name 5 times what use will that be? What do
you mean by an "entry is scanned"? Is the change of any cell in the workbook
constitute a trigger for this or is it only in one sheet, and is it anywhere
on that sheet or only in a specific range?

What kind of changes should trigger the auto populate- clearing a cell,
entering data, formatting a cell, deleting a column, editing a formula,
entering text, entering numbers, entering dates, add a picture to the file,
inserting a chart, pivot table, autoshape, ....

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"BAKERSMAN" wrote:

I have a spread sheet that I use to track the usage of a material on a
production line. I need to be able to see who is making entries in the spread
sheet. Sheet one has a place for the operator to enter their name. I want
this name to auto populate into colum "M" in the tracking spread sheet (sheet
2) everytime an entry is scanned. The person making entries into the spread
sheet will probably change 2 or 3 time a day so a general VLOOKUP would not
work, i dont think.