Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Where are macros stored?

Open Excel (and that "excel functions.xla" workbook)
Open the VBE
Hit ctrl-g to see the immediate window.
Type this:
?workbooks("excel functions.xla").fullname

I'm guessing that you meant functions and not fuctions--but match whatever you
see in the project explorer.

You can also use:
?workbooks("excel functions.xla").path
to see just the folder name.

Frank Marousek wrote:

I'm using Excel 2000.

When I open a workbook, I have some vba functions that I wrote some time ago
available to me i.e. they're stored in a separate file somewhere. When I
open the vb editor, I see my currently open workbooks, as well as a
VBAProject that contains my functions. It's listed as "VBAProject (Excel
functions.xla)".

My question is, where is this stored? What is the filename? I have tried
searching my system for "Excel fuctions.xla", and also "personal.xls"--
neither was found anywhere on my system. I need to know where this file is
so I can make sure it is being backed up.

--

Dave Peterson